[R] FW: Library update from version

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Mon Sep 30 20:49:53 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Cem Girit <girit at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>

>                 I recently installed version 3.0.1 of R on to a computer. I
> have a working installation for a Statconn application using R version
> 2.15.0 on another computer. I have many libraries under this old
> installation. Can I just copy them into the new library from the old, or do
> I install each one of them under the new R?

No, you shouldn't do that.

> Also how can I get a list of
> differences in two libraries so that I can use this list to update the new
> one?

A bit of googling could have provided several answers.

This post in particular has a few answers from some people who know
what they're doing w/ R, so probably a good place to start:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1401904/painless-way-to-install-a-new-version-of-r-on-windows

HTH,
-steve

--