[R] trouble using readOGR() function

remissssss rgenevest at free.fr
Tue Apr 1 11:26:45 CEST 2014

Hi all,
I got some trouble trying to open a .kml file into R. Usually, the readOGR
package works great for it but here I get a message error that I can't
understand.

When I'm typing this :
myfile <-readOGR(dsn="/windows/landuse.kml",layer="agricultural use")

I get the following error :
Error in ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, encoding = encoding, use_iconv =
use_iconv) :
Multiple incompatible geometries: 6:7

It seems that the file is read, since I get different parameters on it while
using OGRSpatialRef() or ogrListLayers()

Someone would have any idea to solve the "incompatible geometry" error ?

Thanks for help!