[R] Label axis tick marks with a simple function of axis value

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Apr 10 04:02:52 CEST 2014

On Apr 9, 2014, at 6:17 PM, Hurr wrote:

> What we've covered so far is of great value.
> For a neater plot,
> the next step will be to learn how to put
> numbers with units at each tick mark.
> I suppose I can form the number-unit string myself in
> separate code and put the tickmark in a place that
> I calculate in separate code.
> But I need to learn the plotting code.

It appears that this question has already been answered by Jim Lemon multiple ways. Have you tried his code? Have you followed the various links from the help page of `plot`? Have you constructed a test case and tried to solve this yourself? (He is a much more patient person than I am, but I'm sure he has some minimal expectation of the level of effort he expects from his correspondents.)

PLEASE (read more thoroughly?):  (the material at the bottom of every regularly posted item on the list but not seen by Nabble users.)

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA