[R] R, RStudio, and a server for my iPad.

John Sorkin JSorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Sat Apr 12 00:08:53 CEST 2014

Hadley,
First, thank you for replying to my question. Are you saying that the iPad browser will not allow me to type the character string :/ into a browser window? I am not sure exactly what you are trying to tell me. Please forgive my lack of insight! Can you explain a but further?
Do you have any suggestions for a solution that will allow me to access R on my iPad?
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119
>>> Hadley Wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com> 4/11/2014 6:01 PM >>>
Even if you do get Rstudio running on a server, unfortunately it won't
help. The ipad doesn't support quite enough html to get a fully
functional Rstudio interface - almost everything works but you can't
type anything :/  It would be possible to fix this, but fundamentally
we don't believe that the Rstudio interface is the right choice for an
ipad.

Hadley