[R] Trend test for hazard ratios

mkleber74 marcus.kleber at web.de
Mon Apr 14 12:20:31 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have the following problem. I stratified my patient cohort into three
ordered groups and performed multivariate adjusted Cox regression analysis
on each group separately. Now I would like to calculate a p for trend across
the hazard ratios that I got for the three groups. How can I do that if I
only have the HR and the confidence interval? For example I got the
following HRs for one endpoint:

1.09(0.68-1.74),	1.29(0.94-1.76) and 1.64(1.01-2.68).

There is a trend but how do I calculate if it is significant?

Best regards

Marcus Kleber