[R] Pie charts using plotGooglemaps

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Wed Apr 16 12:06:14 CEST 2014

On 04/16/2014 07:59 PM, DrunkenPhD wrote:
> Ok this seems to work perfect,
>
> Dont want to be boring but what if plotting in real map smth like:
>
> hdf <- get_map(location = c(20.166065, 41.270679), zoom = 8, maptype =
> 'roadmap')
> ggmap(hdf, extent = 'device')

I'm not sure that this will work, as ggmap is part of ggplot2 and thus
based on grid graphics. The plotrix package is written for base
graphics. If there have been any transformations of coordinates, the
pies might be in the wrong place or not appear at all. Just substitute
the above call for the map call in my example and "print" the resulting
object, then see what happens with the pies.

Jim