[R] plot legend in filled.contour plot with infinite limits

jlehm jascha.lehmann at pik-potsdam.de
Wed Apr 16 17:07:54 CEST 2014

Dear R-users,

<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4688905/example.jpg>

I would like to manipulate the legend bar of a filled.contour plot in the
same way as it is done in the attached example I found on the web.

So, in particular, I would like to limit my z-range and then have triangles
at the ends of the legend that indicate that higher values than max(z-range)
or lower values than min(z-range) are included in the last color given at
then ends of the legend.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

Any help would be highly appreciated as I just can't find a solution myself.