[R] interpreting weight in meta-analysis of proportion

petretta at unina.it petretta at unina.it
Fri Apr 18 13:02:50 CEST 2014

Prof. Dewey, sorry for the trivial question and many thank for the replay.

> Using which package?

In this case I used the meta package, but I know that for all but the
DerSimonian-Laird method the R function rma.uni of R package metafor is
called internally.

> What did you expect the weights to sum to, I wonder.

I think that, to better explain the influence of single study in pooling
the effect size, the weight are presented as percentage of the sum of
total weight of each study, but I ask for a confirm. Nevertheless, I ask
if it is possible to obtain for each study the value of the absolute
weight, other than the relative weight, or at least the absolute value of
the sum of the weights.

Sincerely

Mario Petretta
>Department of Translational Medical Sciences
>Naples University Federico II
>Italy

Message: 2