[R] meta-question about R

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Apr 24 12:52:25 CEST 2014

On 04/23/14 23:22, William Dunlap wrote:
> Aren't those files support for named semaphores (made with sem_open())?
> Packages like BH and RSQLite contain calls to sem_open.   Is your long-running
> R process using such a package?
>
> I don't think you would want to delete those files, but perhaps you can look into
> whatever R package creates them and see if you can modify the code to give
> them better names and then add those names to rkhunter's whitelist.

You don't seem to understand what I'm asking. I have zero intention of
deleting those files. I'm sure that my user's long-running job is creating
them. What I'm asking is if ANYONE HERE knows if there is some configuration
file, or command inside R, that would tell R, whatever package it's using (I
assume that all packages inherit from the top-level process), when it creates
files in /dev/shm, to name them something that I can use with wildcards in
rkhunter's configuration file so that rkhunter ignores them.

	mark

>>> 156d23b0-9e67-46e2-afab-14a648252890_counter