[R] Using apply with more than one matrix

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Apr 30 21:17:34 CEST 2014

Scott:

Your problem specification is rather vague: What do you mean by "use"?

In general, matrices are merely vectors with a dim attribute, so if
you can do what you want with them as vectors, then that will work for
them as matrices. For example:

> m1<- matrix(1:6, nr=3)
> m2 <- matrix(11:16, nr=2)
> m2*m2
     [,1] [,2] [,3]
[1,]  121  169  225
[2,]  144  196  256

If this does not meet your needs, you will have to follow the posting
guide and provide both code and a minimal reproducible example.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics