[R] Tobit model with panel data

phil quijote at gmx.net
Wed Apr 30 23:06:56 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I just started to work with R a couple of weeks ago. Right now I would like
to regress an independent variable on a couple of explanatory variables. The
dependent variable is left censored in the sense that all negative values
and zero are set equal to one. This is done because I want to take the
logarithm which, as you all know, is only defined for values bigger than
zero.

However, what I don't know now is how to compute this on R. Does anybody
know how to proceed? I already checked
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/censReg/vignettes/censReg.pdf
<http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/censReg/vignettes/censReg.pdf>   but
I am not able to apply the commands shown on page 8 correctly on my data
set.

Hence, I would really appreciate if somebody could give me a step-by-step
instruction for my own dataset.