[R] installing package 'rqpd' (Regression quantiles for panel data) on windows

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:01:10 CEST 2014

On 01/08/2014 9:50 AM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 14:31, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> > On 01/08/2014 7:48 AM, Roy Sasson wrote:
> >> hello R community,
> >> i am trying to install rqpd package on windows, using the following
> >> command:
> >>
> >> install.packages("rqpd",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> >>
> >> however, i get the following message:
> >>
> >> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> >> http://R-Forge.R-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.15
> >> Warning message:
> >> package ‘rqpd’ is not available (for R version 2.15.1)
> >>
> >> i have tried using different versions of R (newer and older), but with no
> >> luck.
> >>
> >> I have also checked out the following thread -
> >> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/installing-package-rqpd-Regression-quantiles-for-panel-data-td4668594.html
> >>

> >> but it is not so clear how this problem was resolved eventually.
> >>
> >> would appreciate any assistance
> >
> > You don't say what platform you're working on. On Windows, there is no
>
> Actually he did, but he did not give the 'an a minimum' information
> asked for in the posting guide.
>
> > binary for rqpd, but you can get the source. This appears to be an
> > R-forge bug, because it will build from source without error. You should
> > the install. You shouldn't need any special tools to do this, since it's
> > a pure R package, no compiled code.
>
> Not an R-Forge bug as his R is too old: R-Forge only builds binary
> packages for current R.  As the posting guide asked, update R before
> posting ....

We both missed part of the posting:  he said he tried newer R versions
too.  And I get this (on Windows):

 > install.packages("rqpd",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

    package ‘rqpd’ is available as a source package but not as a binary

Warning message:
package ‘rqpd’ is not available (for R version 3.1.1 Patched)

The log on R-forge shows that it was last built for Windows in 2012.  So
I think this really is an R-forge bug...

Duncan Murdoch