[R] Generate quasi-random positive numbers

Martyn Byng martyn.byng at nag.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 13:24:14 CEST 2014

Hi,

As a slight aside, did you mean pseudo-random or quasi-random?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorandom_number_generator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-discrepancy_sequence

runif gives a sequence of pseudo-random numbers, for quasi-random numbers you will need something else, for example the Sobol generator from http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/randtoolbox/index.html.

Martyn