[R] Equivalent of read.table for object rather than file

sbihorel Sebastien.Bihorel at cognigencorp.com
Wed Aug 6 16:09:41 CEST 2014

Hello,

For some reason, I did not receive your replies on my email client and had to copy-paste the content of the thread
directly from the R archive website. Thank you for pointing out the text connection solution.

Regarding the posting guide, I read it 6-7 years ago when I joined the mailing list and must admit that I did not
read it since. Never had any issues in the past sending post in plain text or HTML format. That being said, I
will be careful about this in the future.

Thank you for your help.

Sebastien

On 05/08/2014 19:15, sbihorel wrote:
>/  Hi,
/>/
/>/  Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, read.table() does not have the text argument in the version of R that I can use.
/>/  Do you know when was this argument introduced?
/
No, but the posting guide asked you to update *before posting* (have you
yet read it?: you still sent HTML when asked not to).

In any case, the help text tells you how to do it: use a text connection.

>/
/>/  Sebastien
/>/