[R] Output from file.info()$mtime

Fisher Dennis fisher at plessthan.com
Fri Aug 8 00:37:37 CEST 2014

R 3.1.1
OS X (and Windows)

Colleagues

I have some code that manages files.  Previously (as late as 3.1.0), the command:
	file.info(FILENAME)$mtime == “”
yielded T/F

Now, it triggers an error:
	Error in as.POSIXlt.character(x, tz, ...) :
	  character string is not in a standard unambiguous format

I looked through Peter Dalgaard’s list of changes in 3.1.1 and I cannot find anything that would explain the change between versions.  I have fixed the problem.  However, I am concerned that other problems may be lurking (i.e., the changes might affect other commands).

Of note, I ran:
	str(file.info(FILENAME)$mtime)
in both versions of R and the results did not differ

Can anyone explain what changed so that I can search my code efficiently?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)