[R] Installing manual package problem

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Aug 9 01:50:19 CEST 2014

On Aug 8, 2014, at 1:29 PM, James Holland wrote:

> Running R 3.03 on Windows 7
>
> I am trying to install a package from a github repository.
>
> https://github.com/google/glassbox
>
> I downloaded the repository as a zip file, extracted it to get the glassbox
> folder and re-zipped it with 7-zip.

Why?

> I then ran
>
> #-----------------Start code-------------------#
>
> install.packages("C:/Users/jholland/Downloads/glassbox.zip", repos=NULL,
> type="source")

I'm a Mac user but when I look at the directory created by expanding that zip file, it appears ready to just move/drag to the library without further installation. It is, however, not named 'glassbox' but rather 'glassbox-master' so perhaps you forgot to rename it?

> The output message said
>
> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/jholland/Documents/R/win-library/3.0’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>
>> library(glassbox)
> Error in library(glassbox) : ‘glassbox’ is not a valid installed package
>
> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  When I look in the R library folder
> (...R/win-library/3.0) I see the glassbox folder there.

> I'm new to using packages not from the CRAN list so I'm trying to learn
> fast.  I tried some searching and this seems to be what I'm suppossed to
> do, but perhaps I need to use dev mode ?
>
> Thank you for the help.
>
> ~James
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

This is a plain text mailing list.