[R] R Package for Text Manipulation

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Aug 9 17:54:49 CEST 2014

On Aug 9, 2014, at 5:15 AM, Omar André Gonzáles Díaz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to know, where i can find a package to simulate the functions
> "Search and Replace  and "Find Words that contain - replace them with...",
> that we can use in EXCEL.
>
> I've look in other places and they say: "Reshape2" by Hadley Wickham. How
> ever, i've investigated it and its not exactly what i'm looking (it's main
> functions are "cast" and "melt", sure you know them).
>
> May you help me please? I want to download data from Google Analytics and
> clean it, what is the best approach?

That request is on the vague side. You are advised in the Posting Guide to include code that begins an analysis and then requests assistance with specific difficulties. (You are also asked to do this in a plain text message since HTML tends to scramble messages.) The base package offers the `grep`, `sub`, and `gsub` functions which bring the power of regular expression to the R user. There are much more flexible that anything that Excel offers. Please look at:

?grep
?regex

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

And do :