[R] Generating a polygon around points

Fri Aug 15 17:58:16 CEST 2014

No wonder I didn't understand your constraints... you didn't state them. In fact, I think you still haven't stated them. Perhaps you need a map outline? Or, you could just create a polygon manually? Isocline of a two-D kernel density estimate or kriging fit? Manually partition your data into regions which are convex? There might be precedents in the literature on your topic. Appropriate selection of of algorithms is not really on topic here, though.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing