[R] data.table/ifelse conditional new variable question

John McKown john.archie.mckown at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 05:50:33 CEST 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Kate Ignatius <kate.ignatius at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Actually - your code is not wrong... because this is a large file I
> went through the file to see if there was anything wrong with it -
> looks like there are two fathers or three mothers in some families.
> Taking these duplicates out fixed the problem.
>
> Sorry about the confusion!  And thanks so much for your help!

Kate,
I hope you don't mind, but I have a curiosity question on my part. Were the
families with multiple fathers or mothers a mistake, just duplicates (same
Family.ID & Sample.ID), or more like an "intermixed" family due to divorce
and remarriage. Or even, like in some countries, a case of polygamy? Sorry,
I just get curious about the strangest things sometimes.

--
There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]