[R] Making my own graphics device

Thomas Levine _ at thomaslevine.com
Sun Aug 17 23:17:04 CEST 2014

Thanks for this! I had a feeling that was the case;
the R graphics functions are so clearly designed for
use with pen plotters that I was puzzled by the absense
of an HPGL device.

And now I've found a list of some other interesting
devices on page 71 of Modern Applied Statistics with S.

This Wikipedia article says that S source code was released
in 1981. (I never knew!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S_%28programming_language%29

So I'm going to look for publications related to S from 1981.
Say something if you have any tips for my search.