[R] Clip smaller domain from large domain netCDF file

Roy Mendelssohn roy.mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 27 02:52:31 CEST 2014

Using the ncdf4 library  requires some knowledge of netcdf files and how they work.  However, if you can provide the following information I may be able to provide some pointers.  I am assuming your file is named "myFile.nc".  Where you see that replace with the actual name.

library(ncdf4)
myFile<-nc_open('myFile.nc')
str(myFile)

The output of the last command will show what is basically a dump of metadata content of the file, showing its structure.    From the bounds I assume this is a Canadian dataset?

-Roy

On Aug 26, 2014, at 4:46 PM, Aseem Sharma <nature.aseem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have this huge ( ~30GB) .nc file (NC_FORMAT_NETCDF4_CLASSIC)) for the
> whole country 141.00 to 52.00 W, 41.00 to 84.00 N".
> I am trying to clip this big dataset for a small region specific domain
> (120.00 to 130.00 W, 50.00 to 60.00 N).
> I am trying to do using netCDF4 r package but could not figure out how to
> do so.
> Kindly please suggest me how should i proceed.
>

> Thank you,
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

**********************
**********************