[R] distance matrix from metaMDS

Cara Fiore clfiore at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:45:50 CEST 2014

Yes I looked at this and I tried metaMDSdist but got an error and for some
reason I didn't try metaMDSredist which seems to be the right thing. So the
main thing I was confused about was what to call dist() on -i.e., getting
the correct ordinal distance, and then if I assume that the NMDS scores are
the coordinates, which I believe they are, then how do I call dist() on one
column? But, I just found the answer in a translation from matlab to R -
you have to use drop=FALSE (and hopefully I am calling dist() on the right
thing)

euc.dist.axis1=dist(NMDS2[,1, drop=FALSE], method="euclidean")

Maybe this is obvious to other folks but just in case there is anyone like
me out there I figured I'd write back. Thanks for the info I have never
written to this list before because I always found what I needed online. I
appreciate your help and patience.

Cara