[R] please please unsubscribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 1 15:15:47 CET 2014

Thank you for all the thoughts about alleviating these problems,
both to us and the "newbies" (or otherwise e-mail clueless subscribers).

    > Following on Rich and Peter, is it practical for the list to put it at the top then, before the R-message?
    > Something like:

Indeed, that is possible for mailman lists as I see.
It looks ugly to me but I have been brought up in the age where
civilized letters started (in English) with 'Dear ..' and
e-mails were electronic letters..  and that age has gone...

Shall we do that in spite of esthetic reasons?
and keep the current footer?

Martin