[R] R installation

VG gupta567varun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:10:11 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I was having trouble with R i installed some time ago on my local ubuntu
machine. So i removed R completely from my system in order to re install
it. I used these commands to install R

sudo apt-get install r-base r-base-dev

Then on the terminal I typed which R:
it returns
/usr/bin/R

When i launch R on the terminal by typing R it gives me this:

*/usr/bin/R: line 236: /usr/lib/R/etc/ldpaths: No such file or directory*

R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31) -- "Pumpkin Helmet"
Copyright (C) 2014 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: i486-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

*Warning: namespace ‘DESeq’ is not available and has been replacedby
.GlobalEnv when processing object ‘data2*

To fix "*/usr/bin/R: line 236: /usr/lib/R/etc/ldpaths: No such file or
directory*"

I went to
*/usr/lib/R/etc/ and did *

*file ldpaths and it gave me*

ldpaths: broken symbolic link to `/etc/R/ldpaths'

How to fix this??
Also I need to fix warning

Regards
Varun