[R] how to label countries in a map created with mapCountryData

paladini at trustindata.de paladini at trustindata.de
Mon Dec 8 14:31:19 CET 2014

Hello,
I use the following code to draw a map of Europe. The colour of the
countries depends on a value called "EPI2.0" in a data frame called
epidata.

epimap=joinCountryData2Map(epidata,joinCode="NAME",nameCountryColumn="Country",nameJoinColumn="Country")
mapCountryData(epimap, nameColumnToPlot="EPI.2.0" ,mapRegion="europe",
oceanCol="slateblue1",
missingCountryCol="darkgrey", colourPalette=c("palegreen","darkgreen"))

The dataframe contains 27 countries and I want to label only(!) these
countries with there names.
I have no idea how to do this.

I would be nice if somebody could help me.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Best regards

Claudia