[R] Stop R from changing matrix to numeric

Wed Dec 17 15:05:08 CET 2014

as.matrix(c(1,1)) gives a matrix with only one column, but your function assumes you have at least two columns (you refer to x[,2]). Please make your examples reproducible (run it yourself in a fresh instance of R) to obtain best results with questions on this list.

However, you might just be needing to read about the drop parameter for indexing:

?"["

which is also mentioned in the Introduction to R document that accompanies the software in the section on indexing.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing