[R] how update to latest version of R on mac

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 16:35:19 CET 2014

Jane,

My sincere apologies; I don't know what I was seeing/thinking -- your
original post was correct. Namely, you should download and install:
http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/lang/CRAN/bin/macosx/R-3.1.2-snowleopard.pkg
(although, I am use to using the main mirror
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/R-3.1.2-snowleopard.pkg) -- but that
should not make a difference. The documentation does state...

*R 3.1.2* binary for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) *and higher*, signed
package. Contains R 3.1.2 framework, R.app GUI 1.65 in 64-bit for Intel
Macs. The above file is an Installer package which can be installed by
double-clicking. Depending on your browser, you may need to press the
control key and click on this link to download the file.

So, this should be the way to go. I'm glad you double checked!!

Tom