[R] Not able to find files in working directory

Sschratz87 samuel.schratz at smail.astate.edu
Tue Feb 4 17:27:08 CET 2014

Hello. I am new to R here and I am coming across a small error in my code I
am trying to run. I am trying to make a table of some value from a folder on
my computer. I was able to pull a txt file from the folder and make bar
graphs etc... however now I cannot do anything from this file and R is
throwing errors at me from every direction.  I will paste what I am trying
to do.

> table(Squid$YEAR)
Error in table(Squid$YEAR) : object 'Squid' not found
> table(Squid$MONTH,Squid$YEAR)
Error in table(Squid$MONTH, Squid$YEAR) : object 'Squid' not found
> setwd("/Users/SamSchratz/Desktop/Spring 2014/Taking/Bio Stats/Lab/Lab 2 -
> Descriptive Statistics")
Error in setwd("/Users/SamSchratz/Desktop/Spring 2014/Taking/Bio
Stats/Lab/Lab 2 - Descriptive Statistics") :
  cannot change working directory

It is confusing because I was able to run this earlier:
barplot(table(Squid$MONTH,Squid$YEAR),main="Sampling by Year and
Month",xlab="Year and Month", ylab="Sampling Size")

and got:
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4684710/SquidYearMonth.png>

Thoughts? I appreciate whatever you can tell me...