[R] Problem plotting RDA Results

Marban, Paul pmarban at usgs.gov
Tue Feb 11 21:07:47 CET 2014

Good afternoon,

I am trying to plot my RDA results but have come across a barrier. I am
using the vegan package for my RDA . My plot that results some a simple
>plot(myrda1) shows the correct variables (landscape type and species code)
but there is a clump of species codes at the origin that I do not want to
display. I left the scaling at 2 because the data is better displayed and
it shows the most complete triplot.

I have looked at all the relevant help pages on similar plotting commands
but am unsure what exactly is wrong and I have not been able to find any
code about how to remove text/labels. I have attached a PDF of the image
for your reference. I would also like to remove the small black writing if
possible. If the black and red writing are deleted, is there a way that I
can resize the graph to focus on the landscape types (GS_...) (the text in
blue)? Would it be easier if there were some way to just display it
differently?

Any packages I should download, code that I could copy into my workspace,
or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Some of the references I have been reading about this include the following:
FAQ Vegan- http://vegan.r-forge.r-project.org/FAQ-vegan.html
Ordination and Analysis of Dissimilarities: Tutorial with R and vegan (Jari
Oksanen, 2009)
Vignettes about orditorp, plot, identify, envfit and scores functions.

I apologize if this was unclear. I am new to the listserve and am
completely stumped so any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
   Paul M.

--
Paul Marban