[R] combine 2 data.frames in dependence of the ID

Mat matthias.weber at fnt.de
Tue Feb 25 10:39:45 CET 2014

Hello together,

i have a little problem, maybe anyone can help me.
I have 2 data.frame, one look like this one:

FS_ID   ABNR
9327     33688812
11391   33688812
11392   33688812
11388   33688812
11390   33688812
12028   33688812
12029   33688812

the other data.frame looks like as follows:

FS_ID   DATE              POST
11390   2012-12-13     28
12029   2013-01-17     28.3

what i am looking for, is a result, which look like this one:

ABNR           FIRST     SECOND
33688812     28         28.3

The ABNR and the "POST"-Value of my second data.frame should stand in one
row. The earlier date value should stand under "FIRST", the newer date under
"SECOND".

Maybe anyone can help me, how i can do this.

Best regards. Mat