[R] Obtain the hex code for a given character --- thanks.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Feb 5 09:53:11 CET 2014

And the winner is ....... (drum roll) ....... DAVID WINSEMIUS!!!

Thank you hugely David.  You have completely solved my problem.
The last bit with format.hexmode() so as to get "00A3" rather than
just "a3" was actually unnecessary; I could've lived with "a3".  But it
was a nice bit of polish.

How you manage to find the relevant functions in the bewildering (to me)
superabundance of functions is impressive as well as astonishing.

Thanks again.

cheers,

Rolf