[R] party::ctree

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Tue Feb 18 19:15:49 CET 2014

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014, Karki, Amrit B wrote:

> Would you mind to help me how to extract coefficients of significant
> variables using ctree model? How to implement the model like logistic
> and others. Thank you.

ctree() is a nonparametric model and there are no "significant
coefficients". Some variables are selected for splits, others are not, and
there are certain methods that try to derive so-called importance
measures. However, for single trees these are used less often than for
forests (such as cforest()).

If you want to combine decision trees with parametric models such as
logistic regressions (that do have coefficients), you could consider the
mob() function in the same package.

hth,