[R] expressions (nesting, substitution, 2-stage evaluation)

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Feb 28 02:17:41 CET 2014

On Feb 27, 2014, at 3:17 PM, Bert Gunter wrote:

> ?plotmath
>
> -- Bert

Daryl;;

I think what Bert was hoping you would do was read the plotmath page and figure it out on your own but that can be a bit tricky when working with expression object vectors. Here is (perhaps) a step forward:

vectorA = c( bquote("TNF-"*alpha), bquote("IFN-"*gamma) )

for(ii in vectorA)  {
  plot(0:1,0:1)
  title(main = ii)
 }

Now as Jim Holtman is fond of saying... what problem were you (really) trying to solve?

--
David.