[R] CAPER pgls() anova not working with variable as factor

Ben Smit smitbe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 16:38:39 CET 2014

Hi Bianca

I have exactly the same problem! I see you posted this almost a year ago
and didn't get any response.... Could you figure out what the problem was
in the end? I am running a PGLS model with categorical factors. In one
model the factor has two levels and the anova function works fine. In other
I have more than two levels and it gives me the same problem you described
below. The summary function works but the output breaks p-values down per
level, and you don't get a p-value for the factor as a whole..

Any suggestions?.