[R] add median/mean line to stri-plot in lattice

Luigi Marongiu marongiu.luigi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 21:55:08 CET 2014

dear all,
I set a series of variable subdivided in classes (there are 7 in here,
defined by the clause 'levels'), and I am showing the results in strip
chart using the package 'lattice'. Whitin each class the samples are
further subdivided in "active" (A) and "latent" (L). The function I have
written is:

stripplot(my.data.IP10$ratio ~
factor(my.data.IP10$TB)|factor(my.data.IP10$stimulus,
   levels = c("ESAT6","CFP10","Rv3615c", "Rv2654", "Rv3879",
"Rv3873","PHA")),
   my.data, hor=F, layout = c(7,1), scales = list(relation = "same"),
   ylab=expression(bold("Ratio GOI/RG")), xlab=expression(bold("Antigen
stimulation")), main="IP10 expression", pch=19, col="black",
   par.settings = list(strip.background=list(col="white")),
   par.strip.text=list(font=2))

which defines the figure attached "IP10".
Providing the median or average values (that will depend on the
distribution of the final data), is there a way to add a line overlapping
each of these classes and subclasses? I reckon it will be a vector of 14
elements, which can be called "Mvect".
In addition is there a way to differently colour the subclasses? lest say
black for active and white for latent? I tried with 'group' but with not
success.

Thank you for any help, I am not quite familiar with the Latex codes. I am
also attaching the dataframe containing the data for further reference.
Best regards
Luigi