[R] how to read data

Vortex nathan.josephs at gordon.edu
Wed Jan 29 18:21:32 CET 2014

chke1993 wrote
> I don't know the meaning of sep="",and don't know where to add the
> location of the file such as E//.......

sep="" means the data you are reading is separated by a white/blank space.
sep="," would mean it is separated by a comma (,).

If the file is located in your working directory it is sufficient to put the
file name including extension in the argument line in quotations
(file="name.txt"). If it is not in your working directory you need to
specify the path by something like.

file="C:users//documents//R//name.txt"