[R] Packaging: Doubt in relation with "R CMD Rd2pdf packagename"

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Tue Jan 7 05:51:35 CET 2014

This looks like a PATH problem.  Most likely Miktex isn't where you
told R to find it.

FInd out where miktex is by typing pdflatex in the Start button search box.
Right click on it when it appears and then click properties.
The properties window has a Location field.
The value in the location field is what you need to put in your PATH.

The change I noticed in the past year is that pdflatex is no longer in
miktex\bin.
It is now in miktex\bin\x64

Here are some possibilities.  The 8.3 names are available from windows.
In the MSDOS CMD window, enter dir/x

C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin
c:\Progra~2\MikTeX~1.9\miktex\bin
c:\progra~1\MiKTeX2.9\miktex\bin\x64

Rich