[R] Numerical solution

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 9 21:51:18 CET 2014

On 10/01/14 07:00, Greg Snow wrote:

> ?uniroot
> ?optim
> ?optimize

The OP will have to be careful and clever.  Specifying the *intervals*
over which uniroot() and optimise() search is going to be problematic,
it seems to me.

> and look at the Optimization and Mathematical Programming task view on CRAN.

There *may* be ways to avoid the problematic specification of search
intervals to be found in this task view ....  Good luck to the OP!

cheers,

Rolf Turner