[R] How fast is the JSS reviewing process?

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Tue Jan 14 09:49:38 CET 2014

Christophe:

> I thought I read somewhere that the reviewing process of the Journal of
> Statistical Software was quite fast (arround 3 month). Is that correct?

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask about this...

In any case, the JSS web page publishes the submit/accept/publication
dates. So you can check these out to get an impression.

Some background: Times are quiet heterogenous and depend a lot on the type
and quality of submission, the handling editor, and the response times of
the authors. Also with increasing popularity our system that is based
almost entirely on volunteer effort came under considerable stress,
especially concerning screening incoming submissions and actually
publishing accepted submissions. We're starting to do better again,
though.

Best,