[R] subset and na.rm not really suppressing <NA> values

Thu Jan 23 03:59:12 CET 2014

I don't think na.rm is a valid at parameter for the subset function. I would normally use the is.na function to logically test for NA values. I also don't know where your VALID_EMAIL variable is coming from.

a <- subset(mydf, !is.na(EMAIL_ADDRESS))

The na.strings argument to read.csv and friends is used to help recognise strings in the input that should be treated as NA. If you don't see "<NA>" in your input file then it will have no effect on the data import.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing