[R] Problems with a R-packages

William R Revelle revelle at northwestern.edu
Thu Jan 23 18:21:19 CET 2014

Andreas,
 You need to install those dependencies first.
That is,  ‘lossDev’  is not installed until you first
. first install  ‘rjags’, ‘logspline’   but those probably require some other dependencies as well.

That is, when you try to install  ‘rjags’, ‘logspline’
it will probably give you messages that you need some other packages.

On a Mac, if you click the “install dependencies” option on the R Package  Installer window, this will do most of this for you.

If you are installing sources, you will probably also need the Xcode compiler.  It is easier to just install binaries.

Bill