[R] How do you install cran mac binaries

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Jan 28 18:39:25 CET 2014

Whether a package is install from source or from an available binary
is controlled by argument 'type', cf. ?install.packages.  I believed
that, just as on Windows, the default on OSX was to install from
binaries, but I might be wrong, or you have changed the settings of
the below "option".  So, instead, try:

install.packages("forecast", type="mac.binary.leopard")

You can set this as an option once per R session, i.e.
options(pkgType="mac.binary.leopard"), and then it's enough to do:

install.packages("forecast")

To make that option "permanent" across R sessions, see ?.Rprofile.
BTW, you want to use "both" instead of "mac.binary.leopard".

/Henrik