[R] How do you install cran mac binaries

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 29 11:34:27 CET 2014

On 29-01-2014, at 00:52, ce <zadig_1 at excite.com> wrote:

> Sorry how do access this menu? R-studio? I open an xterm and type R to start R.
>
>> sessionInfo()
> R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
> Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0 (32-bit)
>
> locale:
> [1] C
>
> attached base packages:

> [1] tools_3.0.2

You said that you are running Mac OS X 10.5.8.
From the above you appear to be running a 32 bit version of R-3.0.2.

That is not the version of R available on CRAN. It is a 64 bit version intended for OS X 10.6 and higher.

You must have either compiled it yourself or obtained it from elsewhere.

You appear to be trying to install 64-bit packages for a 32 bit version of R.
That is not possible. So that’s why you are failing to install a binary version.

BTW: The menu Packages & Data > Package Installer is from the R GUI for Mac OS X.

Berend