[R] Checking whether a time series is stationary with irregular spaced data

Worthington, Thomas A thomas.worthington at okstate.edu
Thu Jul 3 15:01:49 CEST 2014

Hi Mark

Thank you for the response. The problem is biologically I can’t really avoid using the irregular time step (daily samples taken at irregular intervals)

I guess generally I’m not really doing time series analysis (my model  is a multiple regression), I just wanted to use time series techniques to test for stationarity.

Therefore would it be feasible to aggregate the data to say a weekly time step which is regularly spaced, use one of the methods to check were the data is stationary, then use the irregular daily time step data in the multiple regression model?

Thanks again

Tom