[R] (no subject)

Millo Giovanni giovanni.millo at generali.com
Fri Jul 11 15:11:13 CEST 2014

Dear Katie,

the code looks all right. On a standard example, everything works fine, e.g.:

# example(plm)
# coefs<-names(coef(zz))
# lht(zz, coefs)
# lht(zz, coefs, vcov=vcovHC) # "arellano" is the default HC method anyway

As the error message says, your case is somehow ill-conditioned and the vcov matrix turns out numerically singular. In this sense, it may be "the model's fault".

I've never seen this happen before and cannot say anything more useful, at least not w/o a reproducible example.

LG,
Giovanni

Giovanni Millo, PhD
Research Dept.,