[R] 3.1.1-win.exe download

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 17:14:25 CEST 2014

I am also getting a message on another computer that has Symantec
Endpoint Protection that the 3.1.1-win.exe has been removed because of
"WS.Reputation.1"; here is what their website says about the error

=============

Updated:February 15, 2012 3:15:47 PMType:OtherRisk Impact:HighSystems
Affected:Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003,
Windows 2000

Behavior

WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation
score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and
therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are
based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this
detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a
specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies
to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s
tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence
to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process
identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional
signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.

Guess I will have to wait until the 'reputation' is better based on
people downloading it.  Just wondering if anyone else saw the error.

Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru