[R] Determine the order of Time series

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Tue Jul 15 17:49:57 CEST 2014

Yes, of course.

Please look at the tsdiagplot function in the HH package.

install.packages("HH")  ## if you don't have it yet
?tsdiagplot
The example shows  0<p<3 and 0<q<3

You can change that to 6 and 10 with

X.loop <- arma.loop(X, order=c(6,0,10))
## The example dataset gives warnings and trapped errors because these
values are too big for this dataset.
X.dal <- diag.arma.loop(X.loop, x=X)
X.diag <- rearrange.diag.arma.loop(X.dal)
X.diagplot <- tsdiagplot(armas=X.loop, ts.diag=X.diag, lwd=1)
X.diagplot

## You will need a big plotting window to see this, the screen isn't big enough
pdf("example.pdf", width=24, height=12)
X.diagplot
dev.off()

This is my first example with two-digit q, and I discovered that the
ar:p,ma:q values are sequenced
alphabetically instead of numerically.  That shows up as the
ar:0,ma:10 column appearing
between the ar:0,ma:1 and ar:0,ma:2 columns.  I will fix it in the
next release of HH (probably late August).

Please let me (and the list) know how this works for you.

Rich