[R] using postscript() for multiple individual files

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 13:25:44 CEST 2014

On 19/07/2014, 5:41 AM, Ingo Wardinski wrote:
> Hello,
> I try to plot some results of an analysis to multiple individual
> postscript files, like:
>    postscript("A1_zonflow.ps",onefile=F)
>    plot(s, type = "vectors", idx = 1:12,main="")
>    dev.off()
> #
>    postscript("vectors_paired_zonflow.ps",onefile=F)
>    plot(s, type = "paired", idx = 1:12,plot.contrib = FALSE,main="")
>    dev.off()
> #
>    postscript(file="wcor_zonflow.ps",onefile=F);
>    plot(wcor(s,groups=1:50),scales=list(at=c(10,20,30,40,50)),main="")
>
> I expect to obtain three individual files, showing the actual graphics.
> The three files are generated, but the first two appear to be empty,
> only the third file shows the expected graphic.
> How can I create three individual (not-empty) postscript files?
> I run R version 3.1.1 (2014-07-10) -- "Sock it to Me" on linux

You don't give us a reproducible example.  When I try something similar,
it works for me.

My guess would be that the files were produced, but not in the directory
you expected.

BTW, it doesn't make sense to use onefile=F when you are writing a
single page.  However, I don't think this would stop it from working.

Duncan Murdoch