[R] Survival Analysis with an Historical Control

Paul Miller pjmiller_57 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 19:06:51 CEST 2014

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Certainly no need to apologize for a delayed response. Appreciate your taking the time to answer my question.

My concern was about the value of "16". My understanding is it is based on one expert's opinion. I wondered if this is in keeping with whatever the standard practice might be. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of using this as the basis but perhaps I am alone in feeling this way. My preference would be to see citations from previous studies to justify the number. A meta analysis of results from previous studies might be even better.

Your code is very interesting. Especially the parametric part. Nice to get an actual p-value for the test.

Thanks,

Paul