[R] dx accuracy measures from raw data

Byron Dom byron_dom at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 06:58:34 CEST 2014

Here is a partial answer (I think (?))

A common way to display results of this type is as a "receiver operating characteristic." See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receiver_operating_characteristic

It's displayed as a parametric curve where the parameter is the threshold value, the x-value (abscissa) is the false-positive rate and the y value is the true-positive rate. Then, a commonly computed single-number characterization is to compute the area under this curve (AUC) for false-positive rate running from 0 to 1. There are variations on this but I've just described the standard one.

There are multiple R-packages that will do all of this for you. One of them is the pROC package. See http://cran.at.r-project.org/web/packages/pROC/pROC.pdf.